Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Way I see It

Being from Seattle I happen upon Starbucks every once in a while...often...more often than not...but that's beside the point. Today after sipping my grande nonfat chai, I set it down on my desk and noticed the word "childhood." So I thought I'd share "The Way I See It #282" with you all. It comes from Lyall Bush who apparently is executive director of Richard Hugo House, a center for writers and readers (Haven't heard of it but I like the sound of it! I'm a writer and a bibliophile so I can appreciate the work of other writers and readers : )

The Way I see It #282

"Childhood is a strange country. It's a place you come from or go to--at least in your mind. For me it has an endless, spellbound something in it that feels remote. It's like a little sealed-vault country of cake breath and grass stains where what you do instead of work is spin until you're dizzy."

I love the imagery in this. If only we could be like children all the time...so carefree and with such huge imaginations!!
***************************************************
And that reminds me of a swap that ends this Friday---Childhood Memories hosted by Lauriloo! I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with. Here's the card I made for this super fun swap!

3 comments:

Carolyn Bounds said...

Cute! Cute!! Cute!!! Your coloring is flawless, and I love all of the strawberries. This card is wonderful!!! Makes me smile:)

balance22 said...

Kadie - I have to know where you got the starwberry shortcake stamp. I was obsessed with her as a kid!

kadie said...

Hi Jennifer! I tried to respond back by going to your blogspot but it's by invite only :(

I was obsessed with SS too growing up!! I had ALL of them and I don't think the new ones are quite the same although I am quite happy that they've brought back "the good toys" like SS and My Little Pony and Cabbage Patch kids. Alas, I tried really hard to get this stamp for myself and found that it is out of print! As sweetiepie at SCS who is a lucky owner of this stamp was kind enough to swap images with me. Sorry! We should start a petition to the website she bought it from and get this one back into production!