Monday, April 27, 2009

Sweet Susie Cupcake


Hiya!
Another weekend has passed...why can't everyday be the weekend! Oh yeah...because the weekdays pay for the stamps!
My card for you today channels a little bit of my inner cupcake and was somewhat inspired by my dear friend, Sandra's cupcake card for the Taylored Expressions Guest spot last week (#64). Isn't her card brilliant!
For my card I used the Susie Surprise set from The Greeting Farm. It's funny because the first image I colored up I colored in the eyebrows a little too fully and realized she totally looked like Susan Boyle singing her heart out! HAHA! I was just going to go with it because Susan/Susie seemed to fit. LOL! But in the end I decided to color up another image. :)
I hope you're enjoying your Monday and I'll see you back here tomorrow!

Deets:
Stamps:The Greeting Farm, Susie Surprise
Paper: American Crafts, Everyday Hi Y'all PP, Regal Rose, Mat Stack Brights
Ink: SU! inks and aquapainter, Black Stazon
Embies: Making Memories Eyelets, Michael's Ribbon, Nesties, Paper Piercer

13 comments:

WickedPixie said...

This is SOOO cute! What perfect papers for the feel of this card and I love what you did with the cupcakes! Great card! :-) Traci

Catherine said...

So cute! Love the stars, love the cupcakes (yummy!), and all the piercing details! My fave though is the way you did the eyelets and ribbon - reminds me of shoelaces - so fun! Great coloring as always!

Elena said...

How cute! I love how you put the cupcakes one on another! Love the fun colors and layout! Great job on ths sketch!

Lisa F said...

So cute!!!! Love the colors and the cupcakes!

America said...

Love the Fun bright colors. Super Fun card.

Mary Giles said...

This is absolutely adorable. I love the paper you used and the stacked cupcakes. Don't you just love Miss Susie's smile? Oh and love the ribbon treatment.

Danni said...

Another too cute card!! Love it!

MiamiKel said...

Yummy yummmy sweet stuff! This is adorable - love the bright, cheerful colors! Good idea for the May swap! :)

Anonymous said...

Great card Kadie, love the colors, so vibrant and what great images. You have done an outstanding job.

Randi said...

Love the stack of cupcakes!! You always have such incredible ideas! Cute card yet again Kadie dear!

Sandra MacLean said...

Awww! Kadie! Thanks for the shout out girlie. :) This card just might possibly be your best work so far! It's bright and cheery and everything coordinates so well! A masterpiece!

Lorie said...

Awwwww! This is so adorable, and your DP choices are just knocking me out!! Great card!!!!!

Melyssa said...

Ooooohh I just love that wonderful cupcake stash!! They look good enough to eat!