Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Friends


Hi There! Happy Wednesday!
I'm popping in with a quick a card today. This is one I made for the monthly swap group I'm in. February's theme was "something you love" and it was hosted by Barb, who's just a complete sweetheart!

It was such a great theme, so when I sat down to create, I was conflicted because there are so many things (and people) that I love:
Jesus, my DH, my family and friends, my pups, stamping, reading, writing, music, movies, chai tea lattes, sweaters, down comforters, pajamas, the rain, traveling, etc etc. But then I looked over on my table and saw this stamp about 'Friends'...and I knew this is where my card was going to go for this month's theme.
God has truly blessed me in the friendships I have (and have had) and I can't tell you how many times, I've been up, down or all around and one or all of them have rallied to encourage me and lift my spirits. To have one friend that loves and cares for you in the way this little quote speaks of...is truly a gift. And I'm so thankful to be blessed with many wonderfully loving and caring friendships in my life.
So raise your cup of chai tea latte (or beverage of choice) and here here to FRIENDS! :)
Thanks for stopping by today. Big Hugs to you and I hope you're having a great week!

Deets: Flower is Airbrushed with Copics (was plain white originally). My first attempt at this! The paper is AC textured CS (3 diff colors pieced together) and it's been put through the Cuttlebug with the paisley emboss folder and then hand stitched around the edges. I've also used a Nestie for the sentiment and SU! Bermuda Bay Ribbon.

5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Kadie this is so PRETTY!!

Amy said...

OMGosh this is gorgeous Kadie! Love how you've used the big flower and the colors are beautiful! Awesome card!

April said...

This is a wonderful card - not sure I like it or the story better! We are all blessed in so many ways and your card certainly shines in HIS love!

Lorie said...

I LOVE this card, and I'm so happy to say that I received one of these beauties! There's so many of my Kadie creations that I've framed, and this will probably be one of them!!!!

LORi said...

Ahhhhhh....i LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!
Hugs -LORi