Friday, April 15, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

If you are here for the Heather B-Day Celebration Hop please click HERE!

Hello and Happy Friday (again) :)
I'm back with another fun card for By LORi Designs. You know that LORi Boyd is the designer of all those CUTIE PIE "Puddle Jumper" stamps, right? Well, the stamp I've used for today is a true PUDDLE JUMPER in all senses of the word. This is little Ella with her umbrella PJ. And Ella is not only literally puddle jumping in this scene, but Ella is also named after one of LORi's real life PJ's--and drawn to be nearly the splitting image too, in my opinion :)

SO ADORABLE!!

So to bring little Ella to life on paper today, I've paired the image with DCWV "Green Stack" papers, included some stitching and Basic Grey buttons, and added Crystal Effects to make the puddle and the umbrella pop out. I also cased one of the layouts I spied in the newly published edition of PaperCrafting. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Whether the sun is shining or you find yourself puddle jumping like Ella, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

p.s. sorry, I was up late last night stamping and I forgot to put a little bit of color on Ella's cheeks...

6 comments:

April said...

You have me addicted to ALL of these adorable PuddleJumpers!! I just love your card and all the little things that make it GREAT!

karen said...

Oh heavens! what a CUUUUUTE card!
I love it!! I love the detail you put in the brellie and the puddle!

dweatter said...

Oh this card is just so adorable. I love this layout...may have to case it myself! Love how the crystal effects pops the umbrella and puddle.

LORi said...

OHHHHH my Goodness...this is fabulous Kadie Bug!!!! WOWZA Good!! You totally rock!! I am blessed to team with you!! Hugs sweet friend!!♥

Judy McMullen said...

What an adorable card, Kadie! I love how you did the cross stitching on the image panel, the crystal affects on the umbrella and the so creative buttons and twine treatment! I guess you've just about had your fill of rain in the PNW!! Hope it drys out soon. Please sent some to us...We need it and I'll send some sun to you. (Don't we just wish!)

Michele Oliver said...

Kadie, beautiful work and a wonderful blog.