Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wherefore Art Thou Gnomeo?



Hi There!
It's Thursday and that means I'm back with another fun card using a brand new Deconstructed Sketch for the week!

For this week's sketch, I decided to think outside the box just a bit. One of the things that I'm loving about being part of this new sketch blog, is that it's giving me the opportunity to get inky with stamps that I've had for a while but haven't had the chance to use yet! So, I already had in mind that I wanted to use this super cute gnome named Nimbert, from Pink Cat Studio and then when I saw the sketch, I decided that I wanted to play with the panels a bit, in order to create a scene for the little guy.

I used October Afternoon Campfire papers, as well as a few additional accents from K&Co and PTI. Since the bottom of the sketch called for a border trim, I went with my Martha Stewart grass punch. And then to wrap it all up, I used Martha Stewart Craft String, that mostly got covered up by the tree, and did a bit of hand stitching too for added bordering and dimension.

Be sure and check out what the Sketch Girls have created for your inspiration today! We hope you'll play along with us!

11 comments:

Jen Shults said...

How cute is this?!? I love it!! I love what you did with the layout and the bold colors. Gorgeous!

Uma said...

fantastic, so cute and creative

WickedPixie said...

This is duper cute! I love the scene you created and that adorable little gnome! :-)Traci

WickedPixie said...

Oops, i meant super cute - maybe my fingers were thinking super duper cute! :-)Traci

Joomla outsourcing said...

Adorable!!! I just love this cute card.. I love those layouts and the colors for this cards.
Thanks for this great post.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Those pieced trees are TOO darling-what an awsome take on Jen's sketch!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute card Kadie!! I love your take on this weeks sketch. Wonderful job!!
Hugs~
Sheri

Anonymous said...

Love this Kadie! How cute is that gnome and the OA paper is perfect with him...awesome sentiment too!
Fab card!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I'm anonymous...but at least it let me post a comment!
Amy :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, now my first post has disappeared! Here's what it said:
Love this Kadie! How cute is that gnome and the OA paper is perfect with him...awesome sentiment too!
Fab card!
Amy :)

Imke said...

OMG how cute is that ?? The background paper fits perfect and the scene looks fabulous !