Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Crown Thy Good With Brotherhood


Hi Friends!
I hope you're having a great Wednesday!

I'm popping in with a little card today that I made for my friend, Barb's swap! The theme was Red, White, and Blue and I just couldn't resist signing up! I love this color combo (just as Barb does) and it gave me a GREAT excuse to play with this little House Mouse stamp that I've had for ages. I hope it's okay that this wee little brotherhood of mice has wrapped itself up in the flag! They're just trying to be patriotic, right? :)

Okay, on to the card...I had picked out this Tim Holtz patterned paper, that's super vintage, so I wanted to color the flag to match that old, rustic look. I used my Copics and then squared the edges with a white gel pen (added a bit of Stickles to the background stars too). And then I decided to just go super simple with the card layout to draw attention to the image and because I knew I had to color up 5 more. I don't know if this happens to you, but when I put together my first card for a swap (aka the prototype), I always end up having a bit of trouble making the rest just as good as the first. I definitely try--that's the perfectionist in me--but there's just nothing like that first card! Do you have that issue too? :)

Alas, I digress. These cards are now off and running to their destination and I can't wait to see the cards I get in return! Thanks again to my friend, Barb and thanks to You for stopping by my blog today!

3 comments:

April said...

Your coloring on this is just awesome! The barely there blue border is certainly highlighted with that ribbon!!

martina's kaartjes said...

wow, this is a fab card ! lovely coloring,
greetings, martina
x

Barb said...

WOW--what a great card and I cannot wait to see it in real life! And, yes, I sure love that color combo......................