Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Weddings

Hi Friends!
Happy Wednesday!

I have a little somethin' somethin' to show you today in honor of wedding season! :)
A couple of friends of mine are getting married this summer and I've been working on some fun cards to go with their gifts. So without further adieu...here they are!

For this first card, I kind of wanted to have a vintage feel to it. I used some papers that sparkle from K&Company and added a bit of heat embossing and a prima flower for that extra touch of elegance. The thread I've used for the stitching is a metallic blue to match the sheen of the paper. I hope to have captured the bride and groom's aesthetic a tad with this card.

For this second card, I decided to go for a more striking and geometric look and chose a monogram to do that. I also used some of the same K&Company paper, but this time I overlayed a piece of patterned vellum and stitched it to the base paper. Again, I used a metallic thread for the stitching and also added some clear Spica over the top over the lettering, so that the monogram would sparkle.

It's funny, I've been watching a lot of those cake decorating shows lately and I felt a little like a cake decorator of cards, whilst I was trying to come up with different layouts to suit these two sweet and fun couples. teehee
Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by to take a look at my cards today! I hope your Wednesday is a great one!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

They are gorgeous cards, really love the first one though :)