Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Festive Holiday




Hello, Friends!
Are you still coming down from yesterday's sugar high? Well, I've got something sweet for you today, because it's Deconstructed Sketch time!
And this week's sketch #76 is another fun one!

Circular cards are not my strong suit, so I decided to construct this sketch inside my beloved four geometric walls. :) For my card I've used this awesome Poinsettia Bouquet stamp from Taylored Expressions and paired it with a mash-up of papers from 3 different paper pads I had lying around. I actually tried mixing and matching so many different combos before I settled on this one, that I don't know where each of the papers came from. Teehee...
The image is colored in Copics and topped with a touch of Diamond Stickles. The twine is from Papertrey Ink.

I hope that you will join us for sketch 76! Be sure to visit all the Sketch Girls to see how they've used this week's sketch! Have a great day!

Arielle Gordon
Amy Sheffer
Cresta Woodruff-Guest Designer
Donna Wardle
Jen Shults
Kadie Ensley
Lori Boyd
Sheri Gilson
Tracey Pickersgill
P.S. I also just had to share...LOOK, first one of the season!! Not only do I anxiously await the return of eggnog lattes, but the first red cup always gets me a little excited for the winter season. I love winter!!

7 comments:

April said...

I love your take on this sketch!

I saw the sketch last night, before checking out your creation, and my first thought was to put it on a square card (right now it is half done on my desk, in fact)!

Barb said...

Great card Kadie-I love the colors!

Crestajune said...

I love your card, Kadie! I am not big on circular cards, either... not sure I will do it again. I like your idea better! =) Hooray for eggnog lattes and happy red cups! I will be on the lookout for one tomorrow when I go to Portland! Have a fantastic day!

Jen Shults said...

This is fantastic Kadie! I love that bold plaid pattern and the gorgeous bright colors you used when coloring!

MiamiKel said...

Toooo sweet!!! Those lil red cups sure do make us smile!!

Beautiful card!!

Xoxo

Unknown said...

This is just absolutely gorgeous Kadie... From the perfect Christmas image to the beautiful papers. LOVE it!!! I toyed with the idea of just having the circle on the card too cause I'm not real big on circle one's either!! Beautiful work honey! Xx

Ana Carolina Little said...

YAAYYYY!!! I received my round dies yesterday...PERFECT for this sketch. I can't wait to play this week!!!. Another Gorgeous card Kadie!!!