Monday, March 30, 2009

Old Faithfuls


My husband calls those clothes that you change into when you get home from work and just want to relax or unwind "old faithfuls." I call them "comfies", but I kinda like "old faithfuls." It reminds me of an old friend...someone you feel like you can be totally yourself with. My first stamps were from Stampin Up! and I have a bunch of them that I hardly visit anymore. But when I do get out those stamps and put some ink to them, it's as if we've never been apart. This set called 'Branch Out' isn't an old one, you can find it in the current catty, but it feels like an old friend or and "old faithful" to me. I love the tree. My whole life I've been surrounded by trees and no matter what season they are in, they are always peaceful and beautiful to me. I adore this stamp set and all it's elements (rubber boots, a bird, a tire swing, butterflies). I'm sure this set will speak home and old friend to me whenever I visit it. Does that sounds silly? :)
Thanks for visiting my blog today!


Deets:
Stamp: SU! Branch Out
Paper: K & CO. PP, AC textrued CS, Watercolor paper, Misc blue CS
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Mellow Moss, Sage Shadow, Grey
Embies: Michael's Dashes and Dots Ribbon, Life scrapbook pin

4 comments:

Elena said...

I like what you put in your cards. I can tell how much love and thoughts you put in them. That is what makes them so special!
Love what your husband is saying about his after work clothes. When I was reading this post I found how much common I have in this meanings with you!
Your card is so precious! Thank you so much for sharing it!

Sandra MacLean said...

Comfy clothes....mine are calling my name this afternoon. And I need them. Maybe because it's rainy outside, or maybe it's because I'm having to think too hard at work today and I'm getting to that point where my brain feels fried. Blah!

Loving this card though....it seems really peaceful. Does that set just come with the tree trunk and you add the leaves?? It sure looks like it. And I love that pin detail - very nice element!

Anonymous said...

Those comfy clothes you mentioned - I call them jammies! I love the tire swing and the way you did the leaves. Beautiful card!!

Lorie said...

This is one of my favorite sets too. It reminds me of my grandma's house, seasons, and as you said...peaceful days on the tire swing. Your card is just that! Memorable, peaceful, and simply BEAUTIFUL!!!!