Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rockin Rebel


Oh my goodness! Have you seen this card challenge over at Club Anya? What a fun idea and the DT has done an incredible job of providing inspiration for the challenge by showing some of their own creations.
I was working on another card last night when inspiration for this one hit. I had to set everything else aside and just go for it. Can you tell what song it is?? ?
I'm not sure I would consider Robert Palmer a 'Rebel Rockstar' but I just couldn't resist dressing up Rockstar Anya as the red-lipped, guitar playing beauties. And it was SO much fun!
Of course, I can't get this song...Addicted to Love...(that's right, you know it!) out of my head either. Everytime I look at the card it sets off the song again in my head. LOL! I hope you enjoy this card...or at least get a chuckle out of it!


Deets:
Stamps:
The Greeting Farm, Dress Me Ian, Rockstar Anya, Wardrobe #1
Paper: K & Company, Brenda Walton, Mira DP; AC textured CS Primaries and Earth Tones
Ink: SU! Markers, Black Stazon, Silver Spica
Embies: SU! Real Red Ribbon, Michael's Black Satin Ribbon, Jewel Dots

10 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

Seriously! I knew who it was before I even read your post and that background is FABULOUS! Oh, I mean AWESOME! LOL heheheehehehee

Anonymous said...

I love how you included their photo to compare to your card! This is super cute!! (Now I have "Addicted to Love" stuck in my head...)

Catherine said...

OMGosh, Kaders! As soon as I saw it, I was "You might as well face it, you're addicted to love." in my head!!!!!
This is AMAZING!!!!! I love it!

Catherine said...

Phft! Forgto to say how much I love the way you cut up and layered the background - fabulous!

I am sooooooo showing this to my sister! She'll love it even more than the rest of us that are so nostalgic for the 80s, because of the Duran Duran connection. If you are a real D2 nerd/addict, you'll remember when John, Andy (and Roger???) took a break to do Power Station with Robert Palmer. (And then Simon and Nick did their own thing, which right now I can't remember the name of, but I'm sure my sister will...)
Did I mention I miss the 80s???? Did I mention that I am going gaga over your card??????????????? LOL!

MiamiKel said...

OMG, this is a winner! I knew instantly what it was before scrolling down - how amazing of an artist are you to nail it right on the head! PHENOMENAL!!

Lorie said...

Okay, Ms. Kadiebug, Sandra said it for all of us, but my DH's jaw dropped, and he says...and I quote..."Did someone you know make that card?" I said "Yep, Ms. Kadiebug." To which he replied "Oh man! You tell her that's freakin' (not MY word) AWESOME!" Doesn't he have a way with words? It truly is one of the most fabulous cards I've ever seen!!!!

Mary Giles said...

I think everyone has already said everything that could possibly be said about this card. There was absolutely no guessing at who this was. Kadie I swear you come up with the best ideas.

*Susan* said...

FOR THE LOVE OF MAN THIS IS UTTERLY FABULOUS! OH MY GOSH KADIE!! I knew *exactly* what song it was at first sight! That background is amazing! HOLY COW! I think my mouth is stuck open! {HUGS}

Elena said...

WOW! This card is AWESOME! The scene you created is fantatsic!!! I can't even find the right words! LOVE IT!!!

Kit said...

This isfantastic :o)
What a great idea

Best Wishes, Kit x