Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gorjuss Fun


Hi Friends! Happy Wednesday!
Okay, so Monday I shared that I recently got a few Copics and have been playing around with them. I still only have a few so my color choices are limited, but it worked out that I had all the right colors to match this Basic Grey Wisteria paper, which I am so in love with! My friend Tammy was so sweet to send me some Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girl images and then I just had to have more, so I bought the second set. Last night I went to town coloring up these cuties!! I think I may need more Copics...I better start saving my moolah.

The card I have for you today was created using the Spoon Full of Sugar Tuesday sketch 54. I think my card might need something else, but I'm not sure what...another challenge is what I think! Have you checked out Danni's blog this week? She has awesome Flutterby Wednesday's. Thanks to my friend, Carolyn for pointing out that this card fits for Danni's fun challenge too! Who doesn't love butterflies?

Oh and I also couldn't help but include a little pic of a couple more images I colored up. I'm addicted to these Copics, I tell ya!!
Have a FAB day!

Deets:
Stamps:
Sugar Nellie, Suzanne Woolcott, Gorjuss Little Goth Girl, Misc Sentiment, SU! Yummy
Paper: Basic Grey Wisteria, Perfect Plum
Ink: Copics E33 E35 E51 E02 E04 G21 V17 YG41 BV04 BG10, Momento Black, Mellow Moss
Embies: SU! Dress Up Ribbon, Basic Grey Wisteria Buttons, Cuttlebug Emboss Folder, MS Butterfly Punch

22 comments:

Jacilynn said...

Really cute! I love this

*Susan* said...

Adorable card! I love the colors and sweet lace trim. Your Copic coloring is great, but you're only playing with them? I am *this close* to investing in some and only hope my "playing" looks half as good! {hug}

Anjou Krelovich said...

Adorable! You're doing great wiht the copics -- can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

What a great card - totally fits the sentiment. I heard the Beatles as soon as I read it and she's perfect Beatles era! I'm definitely casing this layout too! love it!

Sandra MacLean said...

Copics suit you Kadie! :) I love what you did with the sketch challenge! Got my fingers crossed for ya!

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorjuss for sure!!

Mary Giles said...

How cute! I printed up that same sketch because I have buttons that have ben neglected. We shall see if 2.5 hours of sleep will produce anything tonight. Kadie you are a master already. Look at coloring and love the Basic Grey Wisteria.

Catherine said...

Love this card! It has a different feel than your TGF cards - look at you showing off such a wide range of creativity!!!!
Love the buttons and lace trim, and love how you tied her hair color back to a little whoopty-do in the DP. Nice!!!
I'm loving the other 2 images. You are rockin' those new Copics! The girl in green is esp. peaking my interest!

Elena said...

Your Copic coloring is stunning! Really love it! And your card too! So precious!

Carolyn Bounds said...

What an elegant creation!!! I love the romantic feel of it, and you are working magic with those Copics. You amaze me at how you can use any coloring medium with perfection. How I wish I could do that. I love the Wisteria papers and the little butterfly touches, especially the little butterfly in her hair. So very sweet! You should enter this in Danni's Flutterby Challenge too. I know she would love it!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Danni said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors you used!!
Thanks for playing along with my challenge too!!

MiamiKel said...

OH this is definitely gorjuss! When did you sneak this beauty in -- I checked earlier and didn't see her but wow, am glad I checked back! You are definitely doing fantastic with the Copics and you really do have such ease with your designing - it just all falls into place! Lovely job - from the lace to the little touches - perfection! :)

Tammy said...

Crazy cute girl! I'm totally loving the embossing on the circle and the butterfly in her hair....brilliant.
Great Job.

Anonymous said...

Kadie, your talent never ceases to amaze me. I love this card and your copic coloring....AWESOME job...

Carol W

flatis stempelwelt said...

Lovely card....
I love the gorjuss girl with your coloring.
Thanks so much for playing with my sketch..
Hugs, Sonja xx

Nicola said...

Wowee this is absolutely stunning Kadie and your use of copics is brill. I love your image and wonderful detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Anonymous said...

What a great card, I love the colours and the Gorjuss girl is so cute!!!

Thanks for taking part.

Hugs Ivi

Lorie said...

I love the rich look of the copics, and you may only have a few, but you sure know how to use 'em! It's a wonderful card, Kadie, and I can't wait to see the cards with the other images!

Denise said...

Pretty! Love the layout & use of buttons.

Randi said...

So cute Kadie!! You are doing amazing work with your Copics!! I love this layout!! So cute with the embossed half circle. And, my fav is those little butterflies!! So cute!1

Maria said...

Aren't copics fun or what! Wow, your Gorjuss card is fantastic and you did a splendid job with your coloring even with your limited amount of Copics! The colors are fantastic. Beautiful card as always!

Maria

Tammi said...

Cute! I like the butterfly in her hair! :) Have a great weekend. ~Hugs