Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You're So Special


Sometimes I have days when I get down on myself and I know some of my friends do to (don't we all). So, when I saw Megan, this cutie new stamp from The Greeting Farm's Wild Sprout Collection, two phrases went through my mind--"Oh no, you did'int" and "You're special, Girl. You better believe it!" So, I decided to pick the latter for this card, as a special shout out to all my Girlies: You're SO special---and you better believe it!
I would have shown this card yesterday, because originally I was hoping for this to be my Farm Fresh Friday layout using Mary's fantastic sketch, but I just couldn't get it the way I wanted. In the end it worked better for me to put the flower and ribbon on the same side as the spinner. I really love the paper that I was working with for this card too. It's also from TGF and it's called Dirty Rodeo.

I'm hoping to use this card for this month's Sisterhood of the Traveling Cards entry. The theme is movement for your card and I'm thinking that this special tribute to my girlfriends will work itself right in perfectly too. Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I appreciate your support more than I can say. Have a great Wednesday!

Deets:
Stamps: The Greeting Farm Wild Sprout Megan, Papertrey Ink Mailbox Greetings

Paper: TGF Dirty Rodeo PP, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Ink: Copics, Momento Brown, Clear Spica
Embies: Nesties, Primas, SU! Bermuda Bay Ribbon, Teal Thread

10 comments:

Mary Giles said...

This is tooooo cute! I love the spinner and your special too Kadie! You better believe it! LOL.

Jacilynn said...

really great card! Super job Kadie!

Catherine said...

Awesome card, Kadie! And sooo perfect for the August theme! Love the coloring on your flower!

I'm sending you extra {{{{HUGS}}}}} to remind you that you are very special to me! Love ya!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Oh MY! This is wonderful! How awesome is your spinner and i LOVE what you did w/ the flower and ribbon. This is so pretty!

joni h said...

Great card! Megan is so cute with a lil attitude!

Lorie said...

I saw this in the SCS gallery this morning and couldn't resist a comment there. This is so cute, Kadie, and I hope I get one of these!! I love the paper, and those new little gals are too cute! I've got to get some of those!! Heavens!! I want it all!!

Elena said...

Fantastic card! Love the thoughts you put in it! How lucky your girlfriends to have a friend like you, Kadie!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kadie,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

MiamiKel said...

OH this is so sweet - just like you! :) The colors are darling together and such an awesome stamp (and gaaaaaaah on the coloring!) I would sooo love to get one of these back in the swap! You are extra extra special to us! *besos!*