Friday, January 15, 2010

FaithBook Scrapbook Club


I'm so excited because today is the inaugural day of the FaithBook Scrapbook Club c/o The Sisterhood of the Traveling Cards swap group!
I first got started in scrapbooking 4 years ago when I decided I wanted to scrapbook our honeymoon, but I didn't get very far. 5 meticulous pages into it I just stopped. It was such a big project! Even though I was having a lot of fun with it, each page was taking me a whole day to make!
Recently though, when The Greeting Farm started carrying digi kits, I was directed to a website called Scrapblog. I was a bit intimidated at first because I'm not a real whiz on the computer, but this website makes it SO EASY to plop things in, replicate, delete and alter. It's a blast!!

This first month's theme for our scrap page is about new beginnings and to be inspired by and/or incorporate Genesis 9:16 into our project. This page is actually one from a book that Josh and I are putting together. We're starting off on a new adventure this year that will hopefully involve expanding our little family of two, but no matter what road life takes us down I know that each day God has truly blessed me with my best friend to go through it all with.
Here is how our beloved hostess Kelly described this month's theme:
For this month’s selection, I thought of new beginnings in life...new hope, new faith, a new future for some in many areas – jobs, homes, family. I thought of the book of Genesis and have always loved Chapter 9
Genesis 9:16
"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."
I know that through all trials and tribulations, Faith often pulls us through and we see that silver lining after the storm has passed. It’s 2010! This year, I wish for each of you many blessings and that heaven’s rains wash away any trials and tribulations, for rainbows to brighten your world & color it with happiness!
Beautifully said, Dear Kelly and thanks so much for starting us on this new adventure!!

7 comments:

Catherine said...

OMGoodness!!! Kadie!!!!! This is the best digi page I have ever seen! What a great pic of you & DH, and I love all the color in this! You incorporated the scripture so beautifully, and I just love that bird! Wow! Serious, big time, WOW!

Sandra MacLean said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I truly do! Even though I haven't tried it, I think digi scrapbooking gives you more freedom to move elements around and be more creative. Hands on scrapbooking is a little daunting at times, isn't it?? Which is why I have 500 photos from our trip to Disney, and three pages to show for it!! Can't wait to see your next scrapbook page now!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling layout! Thats how many layouts I have done of my honeymoon...lol.

Mary Giles said...

Oooh this is fabulous! It really makes me think about scrapbooking digi style. But to find more time is the question. You and Josh are just too cute. A perfect match.

Judy McMullen said...

Kadie, I am so in love with your Faithbook page for January! Wow! I'm not very computer literate and your info on the digi scrapping is something I'm going to look into and hope it leads to something as spectacular as your page!! Love the pic of you and your DH. I'm wishing you many blessings in 2010!

*Susan* said...

OH MY STARS!! Kadie, this digital page is out of this world!! The fabulous, sunny, carefree picture you chose of you & your hubby is *perfect* for all the whimsical elements and beautiful colors on this page! You did such an awesome job of incorporating the scripture, too. (something I didn't do.) GORGEOUS! {{HUG}}

Jessica Diedrich said...

I adore this! GORGEOUS!!!! You guys are so cute!