Friday, December 31, 2010

Penguin Party


Hellooooooo!

It's the last Day of December and I'm headed over the mountains to celebrate Christmas and New Year's with my wonderful in-laws. But before I go, I have one more card for 2010 to share with you!

For this one I've used Party the Penguin (by Jane's Doodles for Claudia and Company) to create a penguin PARTY!! And you might have noticed that I also snuck in Lori Boyd's penguin companion stamp that comes with the Winter Ella. :) I was thinking about this penguin with the scarf on and then I saw a "do not open until Dec 25" stamp...and I thought, well maybe Party the Penguin is like 'Lotso' from Toy Story 3 and he wants to have the spotlight on himself, so he put all the other penguins in a jar and attached that note. I come up with these little stories for my cards...LOL! But then when I started making the card it just seemed to go in a little bit different direction. Instead, these little penguins are yours for the price of 5 cents each and Party the Penguin is having his day in the spotlight, just as he'd hoped, because someone just picked him!
And that's the story. :)

I hope you ALL have a Wonderful New Years and I'll see you again very soon!
Hugs,
kadie

P.S. sorry for the bad photo, I could not find the charger for my regular camera anywhere and had to use my bad backup!

9 comments:

Danni said...

Fun card!
Hope 2011 brings you lots of happiness!

Tracy said...

Pure genius Kadie. LOVE this!

Happy 2011!!

Hugs,
Tracy

Lorie said...

Such a stinkin' cute idea! I LOVE the story and all your paper piecing on this one, Kadie! Have a very happy new year!

Love ya,
Lorie

LORi said...

Kadie...you are a genius!!! hoe stinkin' CUTE and oh so CLEVER!!

HUGS - LORi

Amy said...

This is so cute Kadie, I love Party Penguin and the jar full of penguins...love hearing the story behind your card too! Great fun! Have a great New Year!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Kadie, this is absolutely the cutest card ever - so adorable in style and a whimisical card bringing smiles abudant! Best wishes to you this 2011 and May He bless you richly this upcoming year in health and happiness and everything beautiful - hugs! x0x0

Mary Giles said...

This is adorable Kadie!!! I love the paper piecing and all those penguins in a jar crack me up.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Kadie. This is just adorable! My family and I love penquins and this is just too darn cute. Great job. Hugs, LIsa G

Anonymous said...

I just love this card. I think this is the 3rd time I've stopped by to look at it. Love the image - it's a giggler for sure.

Happy 2011 to you and yours. May it be joyful and blessed.

Hugs
M