Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Happy Day



Hiya! Happy Thursday!
I'm back with another FABULOUS Deconstructed Sketch today!! I just can't get enough of Jen's sketches. Every week I find myself soooo eager to see what her creative mind will come up with next!! I can't believe we're at Sketch 5 already!
And again, I'm LOVING the opportunity to get to ink up stamps I've been hoarding!

This week I grabbed one of the fabulous A la mode stamps to work with from My Favorite Things. I thought the slendor scale of this stamp would go really well with this sketch and I really wanted to create something super cute for a friend of mine who just had a birthday!
Also, I have to admit, this is my first ROUND card!! Wow, I have to give props to all of you talented card makers who use a round layout...it's a challenge!! I found myself in desperate need of one of the large circular cutters! As you can see I flipped the sketch on it's side too.

The papers I chose for this card are from one of the new Lime Twist paper pads from My Mind's Eye. The ribbon is from Amuse and the buttons are Basic Grey (Green at Heart). Oh and I applied just a touch of Stickles to frost this sweet cake!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you'll play along with us! Be sure to check out what the Sketch Girls have for you over at the DSC Blog!!

5 comments:

April said...

Wow- I don't know where to start! You know I adore your work!! I am so going to give this sketch a try!!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Danni said...

LOVE the colors on this fun card!!

Unknown said...

Kadie!!! This is just SOOOOO gorgeous! I love your take on the sketch!! Beautiful work honey!! Xx

Jen Shults said...

This is BRILLIANT! I love the colors and your fabulous stitching and coloring. Really beautiful work!