Sunday, March 18, 2012

Card Kit Sunday

Hello and a very blessed Sunday to you!
It's been quite some time since my friends, Mary, Sandra and I have posted from one of our card kits, but we're popping in today with just that!

This time around, Sandra prepared a FANTASTIC kit for us filled with beautiful papers from Basic Grey Out of Print, Chichiboulie Fairie image from Stamping Bella (Eloise Greengrass) and a plethora of fun embellishments to choose from.
Normally, we wait with eager anticipation to receive our kits in the mail, but just a few short weeks ago Mary and I got to venture to Sandra's house and get our kits in person! Whenever we get together, it's such a fun time; filled with lots of laughter and inspiration (even if we don't get much sleep)!

I went with a pretty simple layout for my card, because the BG papers are beautifully busy. I decided to take the fun piece of corkboard that Sandra gave us to play with and cut it out using an SU Sizzix die. I thought it would be a fun way to give the flowers more dimension. Eloise is colored in Copics and has a bit of diamond Stickles on her wings. The sentiment is from PTI.

Thanks so much for popping over to spy my card! Please hop on over to Sandra and Mary's blogs too and see how they used all of these same fun elements!

5 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh my goodness how GORGEOUS this is! I love the fun colors and yummy layers. That paper is awesome, but would have terrified me! I love how you were able to showcase EVERYTHING! The image, embellies and paper all share the stage :D You are so talented my friend!

Mary Giles said...

Kadie this is just gorgeous! I LOVE the bright blue and green together on this fairy. That cork board is the perfect natural element. I had so much fun with you girls.

April said...

Even nicer than your card is the fact that the three of you had the chance to get together!!

I love how you put the kit to use....lovely card!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Sandra MacLean said...

We used the same sentiment?! I don't believe it?!! Actually, I do, because it happens more often than not, but it still blows my mind when it does happen! :) You did an amazing job with the kit! I looked at the kit this week and thought to myself - man, that is some busy paper! But you did a fabulous job of making Eloise stand out...look at those wings!! Wonderful job Kadie!!