Monday, April 14, 2014

Girl's Day Out

Hi Friends!
Happy 15th of April!
Today isn't just about taxes, it's also about the Dueling Darlings! On the 15th of every month it's the Divas versus the Dazzlers, as we take on a friendly duel of creativity in which each group gets the same theme but different supplies.

This month my Dazzling partner, April and I decided on Girl's Day Out/Girl's Night Out. I sent the Divas a kit filled with goodies from MFT, Crate Paper & Bo Bunny, Prima and PTI. I can't wait to see what all the ladies came up with for our day-to-night themes!

We also asked the ladies to share a little bit about one of their Besties and what they like to do when they get together. Well, my long time dear friend lives in Siberia...yes, for real! We became friends in college and then after graduation, we BOTH went to Siberia for a year and then she and her husband decided to make it their home. So, with that said, I don't get to see her very often, but when I do, it's always a great time of laughs and reminiscing and picking right back where we left off.

And I also just happen to get to collaborate duels with one of card Besties! Even though April and I have yet to meet in person (it's in the works :), I consider her a close friend and am so blessed that our paths crossed. She is one of the sweetest people I know and she has a great sense of humor too---she always knows how to make me laugh. I love that lady SO MUCH!

Hope you have fun hoppin along and checking out today's Duel!
DIVAS
Kelly
Carol
Barb
LJ
Judy
Kadie (me)
Tami

DAZZLERS
Melina
Debbie
Terry
Paola
April
Darlene
Jeanette

12 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Thank you so much, for the great kit. I really enjoyed working with it!

I so wanna color like you when I grow up! You make me want that gray skirt!!! LOL

I like how you varied the colors and were able to use so many of the papers on your card.

Not too many can say their BFF is in Siberia, but I think if you asked April, she might think she was there this winter too! ;)

Darlene said...

What an amazing card, Kakie! Love those papers and how you used them on the card front! Very cool. Thanks for such a fun theme and I'm rooting for when you and April get to meet up IRL!

Hugs!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Kadie, I love your card! The sunburst of gorgeous designer papers, the adorable and beautifully colored image, the flower. Amazing card!

I loved hearing about your friend in Siberia and also your friendship with April. Friends truly are a treasure!

Danni said...

What a great card!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Kadiebug. I love how you colored your immie. (Please teach me how). It is perfect. I love the layout just perfect as well. Thanks for the awesome kit...so....much....fun..Sending hugs my sweet friend....mwahhh. So glad we are friends and duelers together...

Barb said...

Kadie--thanks for the awesome kit to play with this month--it was a blast! I love your card--great coloring and a wonderful layout. I like that you cut out your image and how you added your embellishments!

~Paola~ said...

wowww..my jaws just touched the floor!! Incredible card,done with such an amazing talent!!Your coloring skills are second to none and the way you showcased your gorgeous designer papers is truly a work of art!Love how we share the fact we both have such far away friends too...So glad you are on eof mine as well...*luv ya* xox ♥

Judy McMullen said...

As always, Kadie, you just blow me away with your awesome creativity and this card is just right at the top!! Love those rays of the gorgeous dsp and your perfectly colored darling image. The ribbon, twine, prima flower and pearls are the perfectly placed embellishments along with the sentiment banner!!!

Love hearing about your friend who lives in Siberia! And so hoping you and April get to meet in person soon!!!

Thank you for the beautiful kit. There's some dsp I'm looking forward to using to make a special cards for one of my sisters. And thanks for being such a good friend to me!!

Crestajune said...

Awesome card, Kadie! I love your cheerful mix of papers to go along with your super fun and perfectly colored image! Have a fantastic day!

dweatter said...

Awesome card! The sketch is wonderful to showcase all the papers. As always the coloring of your image is just perfect. I love the pearls, they add such a soft girlie touch to the card.

Jen Shults said...

This turned out so fun! i love the patterned papers you put together for the background and I just adore that stamp! so so fun!

Terry Ladwig said...

Oh Kadie....I love how bright and fun this card is!! Your image is colored absolutely perfect, as usual and you used such a fun layout!!

Great job :-)